Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on all that you are thankful for and graciously accept what is yours. Remaining thankful is important to stay grounded during the holidays. It serves as a reminder of all that we are fortunate for and
No matter how you celebrate Thanksgiving this year, keep everything you are thankful for at the forefront of your celebration. It doesn't matter what your Thanksgiving consists of. Whether it's relaxing with your family watching A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving or having a family get-together. Sometimes, spending time with the ones you love for a day is all you need to be thankful for.
Some of my favorite ways to remind myself of the things I’m thankful for is through quotes. I believe in the power of words and how they can help set our beliefs into stone. Writing down a meaningful quote or repeating it a few times is a great way to appreciate all that you have this Thanksgiving.
It doesn't matter if you're someone who loves humorous quotes or heartfelt ones. There are so many different Thanksgiving quotes for you to celebrate with this year. If you’re looking for inspiration or a quote to use for yourself, you’re in luck. Here are all my favorite Thanksgiving quotes across different genres.
In this article...
- Funny Thanksgiving Quotes
- Thanksgiving Quotes for Instagram Captions
- Thanksgiving Quotes for Friends
- Thanksgiving Quotes from TV Specials
- Thanksgiving Dinner Quotes
Funny Thanksgiving Quotes
Listen, of course, it’s important to be thankful for all that you have. But that doesn’t mean you can’t add a little humor to the day. Spending the day with all your family can get a little crazy and sometimes if you don’t laugh, you’ll cry!
No matter what your sense of humor is, there’s a Thanksgiving quote for you. Whether you need a laugh or a quick break from your family, these funny Thanksgiving Quotes will make you laugh.
- "We may not have it all together, but together, we have it all."
- "I feel a very unusual sensation—if it is not indigestion, I think it must gratitude." – Benjamin Disraeli
- "Thanksgiving, man. Not a good day to be my pants." – Kevin James
- "Good mashed potato is one of the great luxuries of life." – Lindsey Bareham
- "I suppose I will die never knowing what pumpkin pie tastes like when you have room for it." – Robert Brault
- “Thanksgiving—when the people who are the most thankful are the ones who didn’t have to cook." – Melanie White
- “After a good dinner, one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relations.” – Oscar Wilde
- “A lot of Thanksgivings have been ruined by not carving the turkey in the kitchen.” – Kin Hubbard
- “Thank you, the day after Thanksgiving, or as the makers of sweatpants call it, 'the busy season.” – Jimmy Fallon
- “Cut my pie into four pieces, I don’t think I could eat eight.” – Yogi Berra
Thanksgiving Quotes for Instagram Captions
What’s a holiday without an Instagram post? If you're going to post a Thanksgiving picture this year, you need a caption to go along with it! Something you can be thankful for this year is all the great Thanksgiving puns! They make the perfect captions.
It doesn't matter if you're posting pics from friends giving, with family, or a mix of both! These captions have all your bases covered.
- “Pies on pies on pies”
- “There's no time like turkey time”
- “Bake the world a better place”
- “Nobody puts gravy in the corner”
- “I get pie with a little help from my friends”
- “Let the gourd times roll”
- “All you knead is love, and dinner rolls”
- “Gratitude is the best attitude”
- “I yam who I yam”
Thanksgiving Quotes for Friends
Friendsgiving is one of the best events of the year. You get to spend time with all your friends while eating good food that everyone contributed. while doing this, you're spending the evening being thankful for one of the best gifts - friendship. These can be the people you grew up with or only met this year. All that matters is spending time with friends and reminiscing on the good times. It's a great way to celebrate and be thankful for each other.
There are so many great Thanksgiving friendship quotes - both funny and sentimental! Pick whichever one(s) fit your friend group best!
- “I get pie with a little help from my friends.”
- “Here's to family who feel like friends, and friends who have become family.”
- “Stuffing is the glue that holds us together.”
- “All gobble, no squabble.”
- “It’s the friends we meet along the way who help us appreciate the journey.”
- “Pies before guys.”
- “Friends who feast together, stay together.”
- “It isn’t so much what’s on the table that matters, as who on the chairs.” – W.S. Gilbert
- “The value of your friendship is immeasurable. Prayers for a safe and happy Thanksgiving.”
- “I’m incredibly grateful for what I have, but my friendship with you is at the top of my list of blessings this Thanksgiving.”
Thanksgiving Quotes from TV Specials
Now, who doesn’t love a good holiday TV special? We get to see all our favorite characters spending the holiday - while giving us some iconic lines.
The best part about Thanksgiving TV Specials is that they come in every possible genre and can relate to you and your family in some way! It doesn't matter if it's Bob's Burgers or Gossip Girl, you're going to relate in some way.
- "This is so good I'm gonna wish for a second stomach! Where's the wishbone?" – Bob's Burgers
- "It Wouldn’t Be Thanksgiving Without A Little Emotional Scarring." – Friends
- “Good grief, it’s 4 o’clock! We’re supposed to be at grandmother’s house for Thanksgiving by 4:30. I’d better talk to her and explain my dilemma.” – A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
- "As per Gossip Girl's Thanksgiving tradition, I'm trading in my laptop for stovetop. And for the next 16 hours, the only thing I'm dishing is seconds." – Gossip Girl
- "It's not too much food. This is what we've been training for our whole lives. This is our destiny, this is our finest hour." – Gilmore Girls
- “But we have to stay home. Thanksgiving’s not Thanksgiving without Frugal Hoosier canned corn, Safeway boxed stuffing, and CVS pumpkin pie.” – The Middle
- “I can’t cook a Thanksgiving dinner. All I can make is cold cereal and maybe toast.” – A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
- “Every year I try and tell you guys that no one really sings Thanksgiving songs.” – Bob's Burgers
- “When you two are done using that turkey as a courtship device, can you put it in the oven?” – Glee
- “We should just be thankful for being together. I think that's what they mean by 'Thanksgiving.” – A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving Dinner Quotes
Of course, when everyone thinks of Thanksgiving, dinner is the first thing to come to mind. We get together with our families, no matter how big or small, and express our thanks through dinner.
While you're eating turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes, take time to remember what you are thankful for and how far you have come this year. Before you take your first bite, use one (or more!) of these quotes to stay focused on what you’re celebrating.
- “We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.” – John F. Kennedy
- “If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.” – Meister Eckhart
- “We should certainly count our blessings, but we should also make our blessings count.” – Neal A. Maxwell
- “Forever on Thanksgiving Day the heart will find the pathway home.” – Wilbur D. Nesbit
- “Count your blessings and name them one by one.”
- “It's not happy people who are thankful, it's thankful people who are happy.”
- "Gratitude is the connection between who and what you are and the full magnificence of life.” – Iyanla Vanzant
- “The most thankful person is the most fully human.” – Thomas Goodwin, What Happens When I Pray
- "Thanksgiving is a joyous invitation to shower the world with love and gratitude." – Amy Leigh Mercee
- "Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." – Robert Brault
Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on the past year and count your blessings. Having people to spend the day with and a roof over your head is enough in itself. Make sure you surround yourself with the people you love most and have a very happy Thanksgiving!