Calling all book lovers! This day is all about….well, books of course. It’s about the celebration of books and literature. The feeling of getting lost in a story and forgetting the world around you exists is one of the best feelings. Celebrating this holiday in August just means you have more places you can go curl up and read; by the pool, beach, on a hammock, curled up on the couch, a cafe, or any nook and cranny that happens to be your favorite reading spot. No matter what genre you’re into-this day is for you. If you’d like to get a gift for yourself for this perfect occasion, or for the authors in your life, or any bibliophile you happen to know…we’ve got the perfect pieces for you.
The Vintage Inspired Book
Nowadays it is so easy to get access to books. There’s bookstores, used bookstores, the public library, buying them online, free little libraries where you can leave your old books and pick one up, or you can even download a book to your phone or tablet. The options are limitless now. But for those that appreciate the classics, or the old times where you traveled to the library to take out a book, the Secret Diary Book Locket or Bracelet is perfect for you, or them. It was designed to honor the different chapters that make up the story of you. Place your most favored book quote that resonates with you at this point in time, and keep changing them as your story continues through different moments.
Put the Star in this Book Locket
There are so many ways to celebrate this day and it all revolves around books. Share your favorite book, read to the little ones, give the gift of a story to someone (you never know how much they might just need it), or just settle into a corner and immerse yourself in someone else’s adventure. Or for the authors out in the world: continue that book you were writing, share your story, or even pick up a book from one of your favorite authors. There’s no wrong way to celebrate….just spread literature! For those that star in their own story, this Stardust Book Locket is for you. It serves as a constant reminder that you determine your own story just like your favorite characters in your book. A little smaller and more modern than the Secret Diary Book Locket but it serves the same reminder; it’s a nod to the next chapter in your life. Stories are constantly changing, the chapters are always different, and sometimes, if we’re lucky, a second or even third book is published. So just remember that this is just one chapter, not your whole entire story. You hold the pen; so what’s going to happen next?
A Little Quote Goes a Long Way
There are many reasons why we read books. To escape, to immerse yourself in a different character, to learn, to inspire, to give you comfort or even to give you a challenge. In all of these scenarios there’s one constant…you forget the world around you for a time. Time just seems to pass differently when you’re deep into a book. Time may slow down in the world you’ve dived into while the actual world around you just keeps moving at its fast pace. This is why books are so magical. It’s why these book lockets are inspirational, and it doesn’t hurt that they’re literally so cute. If you’re stuck on what to put inside of these lockets, here’s a few quotes you can choose from, or maybe they might even spark the writer in you!
- "Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home." – Anna Quindlen
- "A book is a garden, an orchard, a storehouse, a party, a company by the way, a counselor, a multitude of counselors." – Charles Baudelaire
- "I think books are like people, in the sense that they’ll turn up in your life when you most need them." – Emma Thompson
- "Books are a uniquely portable magic." – Stephen King
- “Some books leave us free and some books make us free." – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "Books and doors are the same thing. You open them, and you go through into another world." – Jeanette Winterson
- “We read to know we are not alone.” – C.S. Lewis
- "Have books ‘happened’ to you? Unless your answer to that question is ‘yes,’ I’m unsure how to talk to you." – Haruki Murakami
- "Once you learn to read, you will be forever free." – Frederick Douglass
- "Literature is the safe and traditional vehicle through which we learn about the world and pass on values from one generation to the next. Books save lives." – Laurie Anderson
- “A room without books is like a body without a soul.” – Cicero
- "Reading is an exercise in empathy; an exercise in walking in someone else’s shoes for a while." – Malorie Blackman
- "Reading is important. If you know how to read, then the whole world opens up to you." – Barack Obama
- "Maybe this is why we read, and why in moments of darkness we return to books: to find words for what we already know." – Alberto Manguel
- "If you would tell me the heart of a man, tell me not what he reads, but what he rereads." – François Mauriac
- "Some books are so familiar that reading them is like being home again." – Louisa May Alcott
- "I don't read a book; I hold a conversation with the author." – Elbert Hubbard
- "Many a book is like a key to unknown chambers within the castle of one's own self." – Franz Kafka
- "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." – Charles W. Eliot
- "One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." – Cassandra Clare
On this Book Lovers Day make it more special with a unique book locket (or bracelet!) and customize it with your favorite book quotes. Honor your favorite author, or be your own author and make something uniquely yours. Give it as a gift to all the book lovers you know in your circle. But above all else… enjoy a book. Grab a drink, and cuddle around a good book you haven’t read or one that you just love rereading over and over again. Share the magic of the stories with younger siblings, or ones who want to be their own authors one day. Happy Reading!
Looking for more book posts? Read…