How do you say happy birthday to the person who has given you so much? Your mom’s birthday is definitely a day to celebrate. No matter the gift you get her, your words are always the most meaningful.
Whether you are writing out a card, sending a text, or talking to your mom in person, you can still say be thoughtful. In this post we have compiled are favorites way to get the message across for all different types of moms!
Pictured Fortune Cookie Locket
For the Superhero Mom
Does your mom do everything? Did she somehow manage dinners, carpool, and a full-time job? When we’re younger, we take our mothers for granted. We don’t realize all that they do to make sure we’re happy and safe.
If your mom did it all, you may want to make her birthday extra special. These birthday quotes are the perfect way to wish a superhero mom a happy birthday.
- "Every year you get a little more special to me mom. I appreciate all that you have done, and today, I want to wish you the very best birthday!"
- "To the world, you may be one person, but to me, you are the whole world. Happy Birthday, Mom!"
- "Mother, you brought me into the world, you raised me, and you still go out of your way for me. I love you so much. I’m so grateful for all that you do. Happy birthday, mom. Let us spoil you today!"
- "It’s hard to take credit for any of the successes I have in life. As hard as I have worked to become the best I can be, you worked even harder to help me reach my dreams. Thank you and Happy Birthday, Mother!"
- "Mom, if it weren’t for you, I would never even have become half the person I am today. Thank you for being an exceptional mother, an amazing friend, and someone I look up to every day of my life. Happy birthday!"
- "I’m glad that with each year that passes I get to celebrate another year with you. I love having you around. You have been and continue to be a blessing in my life."
- "Happy Birthday. Mom, you are a gift to me. Wishing you a wonderful day filled with all the things you love the most."
- "There will never be enough words to convey how deeply grateful I am that I have a mom as wonderful as you, but I can start with “I love you so much.” Happy birthday, mom!"
- "Not only do you deserve the best birthday wishes but you also deserve the world. You have done a lot for us, now it’s your time to shine and live your dreams. Happy birthday to the best mom in the world!"
- "Every mom is special, but trust me there is no other mom who can be compared to your qualities and abilities. On this special day, I want to thank you and wish you a happy birthday."
- "My greatest wish is to grow up and become just like you. Happy Birthday, Mother, and thank you for all of your strength and advice that has helped me become the person I am today."
- "Roses are red, violets are blue, there’s no one I’d rather turn to in times of need than you. Happy Birthday, Mom!"
- "The years go by, but some things never change. You never stop being there for me, and I never stop thinking I have the best Mom in the world. Happy Birthday!"
- "You are not the angel who only appears when I need you, you’re the angel that never leaves my side. Happy birthday to my amazing mom!"
- "You’re undoubtedly the best mom in the world. To me, you’re the lighthouse leading me home. Happy birthday, mom!"
- "Today is the day to celebrate someone so important in my life. Someone who taught me the importance of faith and family. Happy birthday, dear mom!"
- "Happy birthday to the woman who helped to make all my dreams and aspirations possible, my darling mom. May your birthday be filled with delight this year."
- "Happy Birthday to the best mom ever, the greatest of all, and the one that never fails to be there for me. You are the most amazing person in my life.
- Cheers to a woman who is full of grace, love, and lessons. We could not be more thankful for all you have done. Happy birthday to the world’s most wonderful mom!"
- "Mom, you are not just the most special mom in the world. You are the light on my darkest day and the brightest smile in any room. You do so much for our family – I think you’re a superhero! Happy birthday, SuperMom!"
- "You are such an overachiever, Mom. You don’t just go through the motions of parenthood; you go above and way beyond. Thank you for always loving, supporting, and caring for me even when it cost you to do so."
- "Happy birthday to the most influential woman in my life, my beloved mom. You were my everything when I was a kid, and you still are. May your special day be just as phenomenal as you are, Mom."
- "It’s one of the greatest feelings in the world to know that no matter what you will always have my back, Mom. That kind of love and devotion is hard to come by, and I want you to know that I love and appreciate you for it. Happy birthday, mom!"
- "With you by my side, I know that I am capable of anything. Thank you for always making me feel invincible, Mom. I hope your birthday is as wonderful as you are."
- "When I was little, you helped me to learn to walk, but as an adult, you helped me to stand firmly on my own two feet. Thank you for always encouraging me to stand tall, Mom. I hope that someday you are as proud of me as I am of you."
Pictured Secret Diary Book Bracelet
For the Mom Who Lives Far Away
As we grow up, the inevitable comes. We no longer live with our family. Whether you’re in college or settled down in a house of your own, it’s hard not to be able to spend your mom’s birthday with her. She might reassure you that it’s okay, but you know she would want nothing more than to see you on her special day.
If you aren’t able to see her for her birthday, you can make sure that she gets a meaningful message. Talk from your heart and let your words make her feel your presence. If you need some inspiration, here are some of our favorite ways to "Happy Birthday" when you can't be there in person.
- "I don’t get to see you often but on this day, you are the most important person to me, have a wonderful birthday, mom!"
- "Mom, you showed me how to face the world, and now I’m traveling it! I couldn’t be more grateful for everything you have taught me. Happy birthday!"
- "Happy Birthday to my one and only Mom, you are the best Mom one can ever ask for. On your birthday, I wish you nothing but the best. Sending lots of hugs and kisses from far away."
- "Mom, the more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate. I might not be there with you today, but today I am celebrating you. Happy birthday!"
- "Mom, no matter where I go, you will always be the home I will come back to. Thank you for nourishing and spoiling me with love and care. Wonderful birthday!"
- "Happy birthday, Mom! I want you to know that I am nothing without you, but I can be everything with you by my side. Love you!"
- "Here is a big hug from your favorite child. My heartiest wishes are for you many years full of joys, laughter, presents, and surprises. Have a spectacular birthday!"
- "Sending birthday wishes to the best mom. You are my friend, my confidante, and I don’t know where I’d be without you."
- "Sending love and hugs from afar to you, my Mom, my superstar! I hope that this day is just as special as you are! Thank you for everything that you have done for me – you mean more to me than words can say. Happy birthday!"
- "The only time I am truly happy is when I hear your voice. Happy birthday, sweet mom."
- "I’m sorry that I can’t be with you today to celebrate your special day, but you can be sure that I’m thinking of you and wishing you a wonderful day from afar!"
- "I hope this day brings you happiness and laughter forever. It’s nice to call you mom. I love you so much"
- "I send you sweet and happy words on your way to your birthday. Although we are separated, it will keep my mind and heart alive. Happy birthday, mom!"
- "Mom, you have a special place in my heart. For all of the support and love you have given me, I thank you and love you. You’ll always remain the number one mom to me, no matter how far I’m from you."
- "Do you believe in miracles? I do because having you in my life certainly seems like a miracle every single day. I love you, mom. Happy birthday!"
- "I celebrate this special day for a special someone who is the source of inspiration and guiding light for the entire family. Happy birthday dear mom!"
- "Happy birthday to my beautiful mom – the woman who sacrificed many precious moments in her life, so that I could have them in mine."
- "Thank you for supporting me when I needed it and giving me hope when I was hopeless. Your faith in me helped me stand firmly on my feet. You are priceless to me. Happy birthday!"
- "My dear mom, it doesn’t matter where I go, what I do, and how far I am from you. A part of my heart is always where you are, a place that is paradise on Earth, a place that I call home. Happy birthday, mommy!"
- "Mom, no one can ever take your place in my heart. I love you forever and ever. No matter where I go or who I meet, you will always be number one to me."
- "To a mother who has always loved and protected me: I want to remind you once again that you are the greatest mom on the Earth. Have a happy birthday. And may all your dreams come true."
- "Mom, I may be grown up now, but I want to remain your kid forever. Happy birthday, mom!"
- "Your strength brought me into this world. Your patience kept me in it! Happy birthday, mom, and thanks for everything!"
- "Dear mom, no matter how old I get, you will always be my rock and the person I run to when I need a shoulder to lean on. Have a wonderful birthday!"
- "Mothers are what make home worth missing. I can’t wait to return home and spend this fabulous day with you. Happy birthday, mom!"
Pictured Secret Diary Book Bracelet
For the Mom Whose Your Best Friend
Is your the mom the Lorelai to your Rory? Is she the first person you tell everything to and go to for advice? If you’re close to your mom you want to make sure your message captures your unique relationship.
When wishing this type of mom a happy birthday make sure to thank her for all her guidance and laughs. For the mom that is your best friend, try these kinds of messages:
"Sending birthday wishes to the best mom. You are my friend, my confidante, and I don’t know where I’d be without you."
"You gave me life, advice, support, and laughs. You are a beautiful, strong, and intelligent woman, I couldn’t ask for more. I love you, mom. Have a wonderful birthday."
"Happy birthday to my biggest fan and the most fabulous mom!"
"Dear Mom, no matter how old I get, you will always be my rock and the person I run to when I need a shoulder to lean on. Have a wonderful birthday!"
"You are the perfect role model. Your continuous encouragement is the sole reason I have managed to live such a full life. Wishing a happy birthday to my amazing mother!"
"Destiny may have made you my mom, but I chose you as my best friend. Happy birthday, mom!"
"Happy birthday to my best friend, my mom! I do not know how I got so lucky as to be your child, but this is something I thank God for every day. Whenever I have needed you, you have always been around, teaching me the importance of faith and family. Today, we celebrate you!"
"You are more than just my mother. You are my motivator, comforter, and best friend. I love you to the moon and back."
"You aren’t just my mom, you’re my best friend. You’ve always been there by my side, looking out for me. I can’t thank you enough for that. Happy birthday!"
"Today is one of the best and most important days because it’s your birthday mom. Happy birthday! You are the best mom, the best guide, and my best friend. I can never explain the love I feel for you. Always be very happy and keep smiling!"
"You are my first friend, my best friend, and my forever friend. I can’t wait to help you celebrate your birthday!"
"Happy birthday to my dearest mother! You are my mom, my best friend, my teacher, my mentor, and my advisor. I love you very much."
"You are my best friend and an amazing mom rolled into one! May each day of your life be bright and happy!"
"I am blessed to have the best mother and the best friend in my life! Your inner light, your strength, your warmth, and infinite optimism have always fascinated me. Have an unforgettable birthday!"
"Dear Mom, thank you for being my best friend. May you always have plenty of happiness, love, and everything else your big heart desires."
"To my original bestie, happy birthday. Thank you for always being a friend as well as a mom. I hope you get lots of presents, cake, and candy on your big day."
"Biology may have made us family, but it is love that made us friends. You are still the person I turn to when I need a friend. Happy birthday to my bestie!"
"You play so many parts of my life: teacher, friend, and mom. But no one can ever fill your role in my life. You are my everything, Mom."
"Mom, if it weren’t for you, I would never even have become half the person I am today. Thank you for being an exceptional mother, an amazing friend, and someone I look up to every day of my life. Happy birthday!"
"Happy birthday to the very first friend I ever had! I don’t know how I got so lucky to have you by my side through all of life’s ups and downs. You’re always there for me, and I hope you know that I am always here for you."
"Indeed the truest friend I have ever had in my life is you, mom. I will never stop loving you. Happy birthday."
"I’m so lucky to have a mother like you. You are my best friend, the best mom, and the best person I know. Happiest of birthdays to you."
"To talk to, laugh with, learn from — thanks for being an amazing grandmother and an awesome friend. Happy birthday, I love you."
"Count your blessings, not the candles. I’m so blessed to call you mom. Have a great birthday!"
"Being a mother is one of the most important (and most difficult jobs) around. I wanted to let you know that you rock at being a mom. Have a wonderful birthday, mom."
Pictured Love Letter Envelope Locket
For the Funny Mom
Does your mom have a sense of humor like no other? Then there’s no other occasion like her birthday to crack a joke or two. Birthday messages don’t always have to be serious! In fact, it’s better if her birthday message is something that relates to her.
If you want to make sure she laughs on her birthday, you’re in the right place. Here are some of our favorite funny “Happy Birthday” quotes:
- "Mom, you’re not old, you’re fabulously vintage! Happy birthday!"
- "Mom, without you, I wouldn’t be here today. No, literally, you created me so I literally wouldn’t be here without you. Have a good birthday!"
- "Mom, you’re not old, you’re fabulously vintage! Happy birthday!"
- "Mom, the only “wine” you’ll hear today comes from a bottle. We’ll behave, I promise! Happy birthday!"
- "Did you know that you have the best kid ever? Just wanted to remind you of that on your birthday, Happy birthday mom!"
- "All of my crazy comes from you, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Happy birthday, mom!"
- "Happy birthday, mom! I'm so happy that you look so good since I got to inherit those good-looking genes."
- "Happy birthday, mom! Now that I'm older, I want to say thank you for never leaving me in a shopping cart and running away. I know it was tempting, and no one would have blamed you."
- "I'm so lucky to have a mom who still parties like she's in her twenties. Happy birthday and enjoy your special day!"
- "Happy birthday. Hey mom, don’t worry about trying to fit in with the younger crowd, I love you just the way you are! Hope your birthday celebration is everything you are hoping for."
- "Happy birthday to one of the few people whose birthday I can remember without a Facebook reminder. Happy birthday, mommy!"
- "Happy birthday to a mom who looks young enough to be my sister. Note that if you ever start looking younger than me, we’re going to have problems."
- "Happy birthday to my dear Mom! May we continue to drive each other crazy for years to come."
- "We want you to have a wonderful birthday, mom. So as your gift, we are sending dad away on an extended vacation."
- "9 out of 10 scientists agree: The more birthdays you have, the longer you live. Happy birthday, mom!"
- "Mothers and daughters are like two peas in a pod, two kittens in a basket, two peaches in a tree. Happy birthday to my mother and best friend."
- "It’s time to crank up the music, pour out the drinks, and let the good times begin! Happy birthday to a very special mom. You make every day delightful."
- "Hey, Mom, thank goodness that I’m finally old enough to show you how I really party. Happy Birthday to you!"
- "I’m your kid forever. Sending you special wishes written in crayon."
- "I just came over because I smelled birthday cake…and, of course, because I have the greatest mother in the world! Happy birthday to you, mom!"
- "Happy birthday, mom, thanks for always being much older than me."
- "I knew exactly what you wanted for your birthday this year. Me... out of the house for a day. Happy birthday, mom!"
- "It's amazing how good you look for your age, considering all the grief I gave you when I was younger. Happy birthday, mom!"
- "You are such a great mother. I've always wondered how you put up with me all these years and kept your cool. Then, I found your wine stash and things became clear to me! Happy birthday, let's pour a glass and celebrate!"
- "Mom, you may be crazy, but you’re my crazy. Plus, I can’t really say anything, because it sure didn’t fall far from the family tree. Happy birthday to my crazy but beloved mom!"
For more blog posts, check out…
Looking to buy a gift for mom?