Communication is key in any successful relationship, including the one we each have with ourselves. It takes some self-reflecting, verbalizing our emotions, as well as giving ourselves grace to make progress. No distractions. This is beneficial to our mental health and wellbeing. But maybe there is more power in our thoughts than we may think…
If you speak it into the universe, it may come true through affirmations.
Sure, this may be a trending topic right now but here me out. Affirmations are positive phrases or quotes used to vocalize our aspirations and contain our self-doubt. They help us begin to believe in our own capabilities and build up our confidence. Daily affirmations are used to improve your mindset in order to achieve those ultimate goals, and become a better version of yourself.
To start, affirmations are better not started as, “I will” or “I am going to”. You have to believe it is true before acting upon it. You have to believe in yourself—or at least ‘fake it till you make it’. Even if whatever it is you are manifesting has not happened quite yet, it will, and these affirmations will prepare you to face any obstacle you may come across. Affirming your thoughts strengthens the potential we see in ourselves.
You can be the best version of yourself. The version of you that you think about and desire to become. The first step is utilizing daily affirmations as reminders, to move you forward and motivate you to be this ideal self.
There are milestones and important moments that we all reach—or will reach. Whether you are heading off to college, starting a family, or trying to reach health goals, these are moments in life that we all are (or will) eventually experience. Because these times can be monumental and sometimes even stressful, we have collected a few daily affirmations to allow you to manifest the best version of yourself and your ideal outcome in these scenarios, each day.
This life is yours. You have the power to manifest your intentions.
Moving Away From Home
There's a certain beauty in new beginnings.
The beginning of your adulthood! What an exciting time that can also be quite nerve wracking. You’re leaving your comfort zone and all that you know so well, but now it’s time to make a new home away from home. As you wave goodbye to your parents and hit the road towards your dreams, you may be feeling a mix of emotions that are hard to explain.
Whether you are heading off to college, finally moving into your own place, or even traveling abroad for a bit, remember that you always have a place at home. Just because you leave, that does not mean you can never come back or lean on your family for help (this is the most important daily affirmation). This is a huge step for anyone. You get to be on your own, meet new people, make connections, and begin living the life you want to lead.
Step into this wonderful new milestone with you head held high. You can do this. If you need an extra confidence boost, read these daily affirmations whenever you are feeling doubtful…
- “We have our memories, now let’s go make the future.”
- “Today is going to be a great day.”
- “Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness.” —Eckhart Tolle
- “It’s my turn to take on the world.”
- “Life is too short to be ordinary, go be extraordinary!”
- “The unknown does not scare me.”
- “I only know I want to be wonderful. —Marilyn Monroe
- “I am chasing my dreams and achieving my goals.”
- “How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” —Winnie the Pooh
- “I am doing the very best I can.”
- “All things are difficult before they are easy.” —Thomas Fuller
- “I am trusting the process of life.”
- “I am prepared for this next chapter.”
- “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” —Neale Donald Walsch
- “I am making this life for me.”
- “I am the only author of my story.”
- “I'm not going to become anybody I don't want to become.” —Kristen Bell
- “I welcome all new opportunities and experiences.”
- “Life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful.”
- “Nobody gets to tell you how big your dreams can be.” —Rachel Hollis
- “I can be anything I want.”
- “Everything happens for a reason.”
- “Imagination creates reality.” —Richard Wagner
- “I may not be there yet, but I am one step closer than I was yesterday.”
- “I accept every situation as it is and do not try to change it.”
- “Oh, the places you’ll go!” —Dr. Seuss
- “Happiness does not have to have one address.”
- “I am not afraid of anything.”
Taking On A New Role
Just look at how far you have come.Just started or about to start a new job? Congrats on this moment! Maybe you’ve worked so hard to land this role and finally got what you wanted. You’re one step closer to reaching your dreams (or maybe this is your dream job—then, that case, it’s even more exciting!).
If this is a goal you’ve been aiming towards, you may have come across a few people that have told you ‘you can’t’ or ‘it’s not possible’. We all know who they are and I promise that they are just jealous. I know this sounds corny, but you can do anything you want to. Sure, this new job may be a bit intimidating, but there is a reason you were hired. There is no need to doubt your abilities. They saw the potential that lies within you. You know what to do, so let’s get to work!
Motivate yourself each day, whether you are not in the mood to work at all or you are totally psyched to start the day. You can do this and these daily affirmations will help remind you that you can…
- “I am worthy of all good things.”
- “Believe deep down in your heart that you’re destined to do great things.” —Joe Paterno
- “I allow myself to grow.”
- “Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.” —Roy T. Bennett
- “I believe in my ability to get the job done right.”
- “As I inhale confidence, I exhale fear.”
- “Be thankful for what you have; if you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never have enough.” —Oprah
- “I feel accomplished after a day’s work.”
- “I invite all new energy and possibilities.”
- “When in doubt, slay.” —Demi Lovato
- “I am a leader.”
- “Nothing stands in the way of my dream job.”
- “I have faith in myself.”
- “When your work speaks for itself, don’t interrupt.” —Henry J. Kaiser
- “I am capable.”
- “I do not pay attention to the judgement of others.”
- “If you are positive you will see opportunities instead of obstacles.” —Confucius
- “My potential is limitless.”
- “Someone else’s success empowers me to keep going.”
- “Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don’t give up. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm and genuine people.” —Tena Desae
- “I am crossing things off my to-do list.”
- “I learn from my co-workers and share my ideas, as well.”
- “I am passionate about my career.”
For New and Expecting Mothers
One of the toughest and most rewarding jobs in the world is being a mother. You have (or are) doing such amazing things growing this child in your body and raising this child the best you can. But there is no denying that motherhood is not always smooth sailing. My mom always said that being a mom is “the best job and the most stressful because you just want to be the best for your kids.” But you cannot get it right every single time, and that is okay.
Growing with your child comes with raising them. If you are a new mom or are expecting and anxious about this responsibility, remember that it is important to relax. How are you going to take care of someone else if you are not feeling your best? Some days will be the best and others will just be plain hard. Just know you’re not alone, mama.
I admire your strength and grace as you tackle motherhood, and I know that your children do (or will) be thankful for all you are. I hope that these daily affirmations empower you to be the best mom you can be…
- “I am grateful for the ability to create such a beautiful life.”
- “If everything was perfect, you would never learn and you would never grow.” —Beyoncé
- “I am accepting a new kind of love.”
- “Only I can give my children a happy mother.”
- “I am a blessing to my children.”
- “The strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.” —Barbara Kingsolver
- “I am caring and compassionate.”
- “I learn how to be a better mom each day.”
- “I am calm and relaxed.”
- “My body is strong.”
- “A mother’s love liberates.” —Maya Angelou
- “I am teaching my children new things.”
- “There is no influence so powerful as that of the mother.” —Sarah Josepha Hale
- “I am exactly what my child needs.”
- “Motherhood has made me a better person.”
- “No language can express the power and beauty and heroism of a mother’s love.”—Edwin Chapin
- “My family appreciates my love and hard work.”
- “Being a mom is my superpower.”
- “I trust my intuition as a mother.”
- “Motherhood is a part of me, not all of me.”
- “I am not a perfect mom all of the time, and that is okay.”
Becoming A Healthier You
It’s still the beginning of a brand new year. A clean slate full of endless possibilities. The one goal of most people’s minds is to become healthier and feel stronger in mind and body (especially after the previous year that we shall not mention). Anyways, I know from personal experiences and struggles that seeing all of those ads for dieting and weight loss can make you feel pressured to have the ‘perfect’ body. But the truth is you are perfect just the way you are and your value does not come from a number on a scale. However, if you are seeking to become a better version of yourself, make sure that you go at your own pace and know that healthy looks different for everyone. If you feel good, that is all that truly matters.
As you create this healthier lifestyle, remember to practice self-care and realize your beauty, inside and out. These daily affirmations are the perfect place to start…
- “My weight does not define my worth.”
- “I don’t compare myself to others.”
- “May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears.” —Nelson Mandela
- “I am beautiful just the way I am.”
- “No one can stop me from becoming the best version of myself.”
- “Nothing is impossible. The word itself says ‘I’m possible’.” —Audrey Hepburn
- “I am blessed beyond measure.”
- “My mental health and wellbeing is my priority.”
- “Happy people are beautiful.” —Drew Barrymore
- “I am prepared to release whatever does not serve me well.”
- “Today will be a good day.”
- “I love myself unconditionally.”
- “No one is you and that is your superpower.”
- “I am flawed and fabulous.”
- “I am learning to accept my body.”
- “Beauty is not ‘one size fits all’.”
- “There is no such thing as ugly.” —Zendaya
- “I know my worth. I embrace my power. I say if I'm beautiful.” —Amy Schumer
- “I embrace my imperfection self.”
- You define beauty yourself. Society doesn't define your beauty. —Lady Gaga
- “I choose my well-being.”
- “I believe in myself.”
- “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” —Coco Chanel
- “Challenges will only help me grow.”
- “I don’t need to fit in to belong.”
- “Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart.” —Khalil Gibran
Looking For Love
This is ‘cuffing season’, as the kids call it. The time of year when it seems like everyone you know is beginning a relationship, which makes you want to find a significant other as well. But honestly, you may always have this thought in the back of your mind. Sure, relationships can be great! You always have someone to spend time with and go to fun places with, or even just hang out with at home.
But to be honest, relationships aren’t all that. I know, crazy right? To think that every love story isn’t like the movies! Society often puts this underlying pressure on us, through majority standards and in the media (especially if you are a Bachelor fan like me). They say we need to follow a cookie-cutter lifestyle: School —> Job —> Date —> Marriage —> Kids. This causes us to constantly look for love, even if we may not be ready to be in a committed relationship yet.
Let me tell you a little secret: you don’t have to. This is your life, so live it however you want to.
We spend so much time looking for this perfect love that sometimes we end up running away from it. Love happens when you least expect it. It sweeps you off of your feet before you know it. Focus on yourself first, love yourself first, and you will find someone when it is meant to be.
To remind yourself of this, read these affirmation quotes for love and daily affirmations whenever you need to bring yourself back to reality…
- “Loving myself is the most important part.”
- “To thine own self be true.” —William Shakespeare
- “I am keeping my heart open to love.”
- “Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.” —Oscar Wilde
- “I am worthy of love and time.”
- “I love me first!”
- “I am surrounded by love every day in every way.”
- “I radiate love, it shines from within.”
- “One does not seek love,' she told him, 'it should find you all on its own” ―Barbara Lieberman, The Treasure of Ravenwood
- “Love happens when you least expect it.”
- “I am focusing on myself because the right person will find me.”
- "The flower doesn't dream of the bee. The flower blooms, and the bee comes." —Mark Nepo
- “The most beautiful love comes when you least expect it.”
- “I deserve unconditional love.”
- “I believe that something wonderful will happen for me.”
- “I am in search of a partner that will respect me and love me wholeheartedly.”
- “I am enough.”
Seeking more inspirational words and affirmation quotes? Look no further…