Faith-Building Affirmations to Calm Your Soul and Uplift Your SpiritTips & Guides
Faith is one of the most important and complex emotions we can feel. While faith isn't always a function of religion, it's most certainly always about putting trust into something greater than ourselves. To have faith is to understand that not everything in life may turn out as you plan it, but it will always be as it was intended.
Faith is taking a risk to reach a reward. It's the ability to fall, knowing that someone, or something, will catch you. And it's believing that you will make it out of a tough time and come out stronger.
Sometimes, the outcome of situations are out of our hands and there is nothing else to do but surrender. Maybe you believe in destiny and fate. Perhaps you have a strong connection with God. Or maybe don’t quite understand either but you would like to start somewhere.
We've compiled the faith affirmations we hold in our ‘Fortune Library’, submitted from customers as bible quotes or inspirational messages they want to wear everyday in their lockets. Though two people may be drawn to the same affirmation, the words might have a different meaning to each because of their own personal stories. Words cannot truly be our own unless there is meaning and emotion behind them.
As you glance through these phrases, read between the lines as they tell us to trust ourselves, our loved ones, and life.
To Calm Your Soul…
You may have a lot going on. Plans and to-do lists racing through your mind as it runs a mile a minute. You may be thinking about the ‘what-if’s’ or continuously feeling like ‘I should be doing something else’. Stress has this unique ability to get the better of us. You may even be stressed about the stress you will soon feel (trust me, we’ve all been there). But sometimes, you just need to take a breath and relax. It’s so easy to become wound up over what may happen in the future. Remember that destiny will always find its way.
If you have anxious thoughts, these daily affirmations of faith our consumers like to hold close can calm your mind…
- “The will of God will not take us where the grace of God cannot sustain us.” — Billy Graham
- “If it's supposed to, it will.”
- “The less I seek my source for some definitiveness, the closer I am to fine.” — Shared by Kate Thompson via Indigo Girls
- “I don't think that we're meant to understand it all the time. I think that sometimes we just have to have faith.” — Nicholas Sparks
- “Some things have to be believed to be seen.” —Madeleine L’Engle
- “Faith consists in believing what reason cannot.” —Voltaire
- “You can't know, you can only believe—or not.” —C.S. Lewis
- “God will never give you anything you can't handle, so don't stress.” —Kelly Clarkson
- Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists. —A Course in Miracles
To Uplift Your Spirit…
We have all hit that low point in our lives, whether it comes once a month, a week, or even once a day. It’s the stopping point where we feel like we have hit a wall and have lost motivation. It can seem like the world is against us and no one is on our side. We feel tired or maybe even burnt out and just need to take a moment for ourselves, presenting us with the perfect opportunity to reflect on what is keeping us going.
No matter what our end goal may be, we have to remember that all of our hard work will move us towards it and keeping faith will only elevate our spirits. Have faith in your loved ones that they will be there to lean on and most importantly, have faith in yourself that you will be able to move past this dull time. Every part of our journey is getting us to that end goal, good, and bad.
Lift that head up and keep it held high, because everything will be alright…
- “So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while.” —1 Peter 1:6
- “Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” —Marilyn Monroe
- “It's better to wait for the right answer than rush into the wrong one.”
- “Faith does not eliminate questions. But faith knows where to take them.” —Elisabeth Elliot
- “If you want it to be a sign, let it be. If you fear it's a sign, don't let it be.”
- “Let go and let the universe do its thing.”
- “One day you’ll look back at right now and say, "If I got through that, I can get through anything." And that will truly be a gift.”
- “In order to have faith in your own path, you do not need to prove that someone else's path is wrong.”
- “To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.” —St. Thomas Aquinas
- “Now, it's like this.” —Shared by Gina Bradburn
To Bring You Confidence…
It’s normal to not feel confident all of the time—after all we are only human. But having faith and trusting in our own abilities is the first step to achieving whatever goal we have set.The cloudiness of everyday anxieties have the ability to cast a shadow of doubt over something we may feel confident in. It is the fear of the unknown. It’s not uncommon to experience feelings of doubt. But there comes a time where we must push past our fears and to take that big leap. Whether you are starting a new career journey, a new relationship or ending a chapter of your life that is completed, finding the strength to start anew can seem quite daunting. Treading into murky territory takes faith and hopefulness that everything will turn out as it was meant to. Sure, it can be scary to put trust into a new day but there is the potential for a worthy reward.
Sometimes all we need is a bit of reassurance when taking those big (or small) steps. A faith affirmation like one of these will help to fill you with the confidence to make each day your own…
- “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” — A.A Milne, Winnie the Pooh
- “Go all in. Forego the backup plan.”
- “Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail.” —Charles Kettering
- “Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls.” —Joseph Campbell
- “Faith is walking face-first and full-speed into the dark.” —Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Faith means believing the unbelievable.” —G.K. Chesterton
- “Faith is about doing. You are how you act, not just how you believe.” —Mitch Albom
- “Follow your heart. See what turns up.”
- “Love meant jumping off a cliff and trusting that a certain person would be there to catch you at the bottom.” —Jodi Picoult
- “Believe something and the universe is on its way to being changed.” —Diane Duane
One of my favorite features on our website is the ‘Fortune Library’ (as I like to call it). It's filled with inspiring words of mixed emotions. Some are famous quotes by famous figures, and others are personalized messages and words from the consumers’ minds. Although all of the phrases written here are inspiring in their own way, the most amazing part about it is how we can each relate to them with a unique perspective.
The fortune cookie messages our customers wear inside their jewelry can be interpreted in various ways. Words have the power to not only connect us, but they also allow us to individually express our stories. Certain phrases have the ability to make us feel a similar and specific emotion, with just one simple glance. Maybe it’s motivation, empowerment, or maybe it’s faith.
If you are looking for more inspiration phrases to lift your spirits, check out these posts…
- 101 Bible Quotes and the Jewelry to Wear It With Every Day
- 115 Daily Affirmations for a Positive Mindset
For jewelry pieces that you can personalize with your favorite faith building affirmation shop our faith jewelry collection.
Leave a comment