We are practically halfway through the year and this is where I always find myself asking, what is my destination? What comes next? What other challenges or struggles will I have to face? Life has a funny way of taking you through twists and turns to the point that you wonder if the destination is even in sight. We’ve all been there- at a crossroads wondering what path to take and if it will lead you to where you want to go. The urge to just sit between both roads and just stop is sometimes a strong one. That’s when you start remembering the journey. Life isn’t easy, but the journey? It’s definitely been a wild one, one that at the end of the day I would not change for the world. All the lessons learned, the friends gained and lost, the laughter and tears. Just all the memories of where this journey has taken me is something I don’t think even younger me thought was in the cards for us. We all have our bad times, times where we lose our muse, when we’re lost and don't know where to go. My advice? As well as all the quotes to help you along - just take another step. See where it leads you.
The Journey of Life is Not a Straight Path
Your destination will always be an accomplishment, but your journey is where Everything took place. Life is not a straight path, and if you need a reminder (like myself) that it’s okay to make pit stops, take a detour, or that it’s okay that it’s taking you a while longer to reach your destination…just read through these quotes from others that took a while to get to their destinations in life.
- "I am one of those who never knows the direction of my journey until I have almost arrived." - Anna Louise Strong
- “It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.” - Ernest Hemingway
- “Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome.” - Arthur Ashe
- “Sometimes in your life you will go on a journey. It will be the longest journey you have ever taken. It is the journey to find yourself.” - Katherine Sharp
- “I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.” - Douglas Adams
- “Your journey never ends. Life has a way of changing things in incredible ways.” - Alexander Volkov
- “Learn to trust the journey, even when you do not understand it.” - Lolly Daski
- “Sometimes it’s the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination.” - Drake
Take the Next Step in Your Journey
The next part of your journey starts with a single step. Nobody knows what comes next, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t keep going no matter what part of your journey you’re in. If we knew what lay ahead in our life from the beginning, most of us wouldn’t even try to take the journey. But then we wouldn’t come across all the pockets of time that were memorable. So let’s take that next step in our journey, life may just surprise you.
- "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Lao Tzu
- “To get through the hardest journey we need take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping.” - Chinese Proverb
- “There are no wrong turnings. Only paths we had not known we were meant to walk.” - Guy Gavriel Kay
- “It’s your road and yours alone, others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.” - Rumi
- “Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter.” - Izaak Walton
- “It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness.” - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “If all difficulties were known at the outset of a long journey, most of us would never start out at all.” - Dan Rather
- “Life is a journey that must be traveled no matter how bad the roads and accommodations.” - Oliver Goldsmith
Appreciate the Journey
Every goal, every destination has been challenging. Being able to complete a goal, or reaching where you wanted to go is always rewarding. It feels great and you feel like you’re on top of the world. Then you choose your next goal and start a journey all over again. Every accomplishment I’ve ever had and the feeling of success pales in comparison to everything that happened to be able to reach my goals. The struggles, the hard work, the people that cheered you along, and every moment along the way will end up being more memorable.
- “The journey between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place.” - Barbara de Angelis
- “Life is a journey, and if you fall in love with the journey, you will be in love forever.” - Peter Hagerty
- “Sometimes life takes you on a journey that changes everything you thought you wanted.” - Melaina Rayne
- “Sooner or later, we must realize there is no station, no one place to arrive at once and for all. The true joy of life is the trip.” - Ann Landers
- “Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it’s everything in between that makes it all worth living.” - Bob Marley
- “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us,” - Unknown
- “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other places, other lives, other souls.” - Anais Nin
- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” - Helen Keller
- “Live life with no excuses, travel with no regret.” - Oscar Wilde
I hope these quotes motivate you to take the next step in your journey. Don’t be afraid to stop and admire the view every once in a while. Life is not a race and we all accomplish our goals in our own time. Sometimes the journey just takes you through a few more stops along the way.
The last quote I leave you with…..
“The world is waiting for you. Good Luck. Travel Safe. Go!” - Phil Keoghan
Looking for more inspirational posts? Read…
- 115 Daily Affirmations for a Positive Mindset
- “Everything Always Works Itself Out”
- Our Favorite Short Inspiring Quotes
- “Success is not final. Failure is not fatal”