Necklaces, earrings, and rings may all be small pieces of jewelry, but that doesn’t mean the story behind each piece is small. In fact, jewelry allows us to proudly remember our biggest milestones and triumphs. Everyone’s personal journey is completely different and even the same pieces of jewelry can convey separate meanings spending on the wearer. It’s time that we take a step back and appreciate what jewelry means to each individual person, even if we don’t know the full story. Here at Fortune & Frame, we have compiled quotes about jewelry that remind us why each piece that we wear is important.
1. All my jewelry has stories. – Eva Green
Jewelry holds stories for the wearer and no two stories are ever alike. Each piece contains a little bit of history and makes you, you.
2. What can I say about my jewelry? It speaks for itself. – Elsa Peretti
Even as an object, jewelry can still speak a thousand words. Our stories are held in those objects and voiced when we wear them.
3. Wearing jewelry is a way to express the woman you are without saying a word. —Unknown
Jewelry is a great form of expression and is personal to everyone. Although small, the pieces you wear and how you style them, allows your individuality to shine through.
4. Jewelry has the power to be this one little thing that can make you feel unique. — Jennie Kwon
Each piece of jewelry is uniquely ours, and even if it's a piece that others have, there’s more to it. It’s the personal connection to the piece and what it symbolizes
5. I like for jewelry to tell a story and to be able to talk about what I’m wearing. That’s more important to me than a name, brand, or label. – Nikki Reed
With jewelry, no one can tell you what is valuable and what isn’t. All that matters is what it means to you.
6. I think part of the beauty of our relationship with jewelry is that it can change and evolve as we do ourselves. – Erika Christensen
Our story is always changing, and the meaning we give to our jewelry can too. Jewelry gives us room for growth.
7. A piece of jewelry is often a piece of art. But it only becomes valuable when emotions are added to it. – Unknown
Of course there is beauty in every piece of jewelry, but it is our own personal connections and stories that add to it.
8. Jewelry is a very personal thing… it should tell a story about the person who’s wearing it. – Garance Daré
Whether it be your earrings or your necklace, the jewelry that you wear is telling a story about you. No matter how big or small of a story.
9. Jewelry is a treasure that lasts from one generation to another. – Dana Cheng
The story doesn’t have to start or end with you. You can keep passing it on to ensure it lives forever.
10. I dress for other people but my jewelry is for me. – Anna Solowij
Jewelry can even hold secret stories and milestones that no one else has to know about. It can be a constant reminder to you and only you.
1. I have this necklace I always wear. I collect pendants from people I love; my best friends and members of my family have all given me one, and I put them on this chain so no matter where I am they’re always with me. – Lake Bell
Necklaces can be used in many different ways! They can always be a symbol of something bigger and help you keep the people who mean the most to you, close to your heart.
2. The necklace is the anchor; it's the classification of jewelry that says what the whole idea is about. – Robert Lee Morris
Necklaces are always a timeless piece and a great way to celebrate milestones! They’re classic and a reminder of how important jewelry can be.
For more jewelry guides, read: