Similar to the idea of thinking of you cards, just because gifts are special for its surprise factor.
The person who you’re giving it to may very well have no idea you have something planned, which makes it even more exciting.
Since personal gifts add a thoughtful touch, we’ve curated a list of gifts that can be customized with words. Read on for just because gift ideas for your every loved one in your life.
What is a Just Because Gift?
First off, what exactly is a just because gift? Unlike gifts for themed holidays like Valentine’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Hanukkah, these presents are usually not given for a specific reason but it can be tied to a life moment (more on that soon).
It’s something to let the person you’re giving it to know you’re thinking about them.
Giving just because gifts can not only brighten someone else’s day, but it can brighten yours, too.
Also, remember this: it’s not about the price of the item — it’s the thought that counts.
When to Send a Just Because Gift
Since just because gifts are given whenever, there’s no rule on the date it should be given.
However, if your present is for something that relates to an event or life moment, give it during that time.
For example, some reasons to give someone just because presents include if they’re...
- Starting a new job
- Moving to a new place
- Having a busy week
- Accomplished a life milestone
- Going through a hard time
Romantic Just Because Gifts for Girlfriend
Whether you’re in a new relationship or have been going out with someone for a while, our Book Bracelet makes for fitting just because gifts for her since it can represent the different chapters in your bond.
Inspired by vintage storybooks, this bracelet opens up to reveal a fortune inside that you can customize. It’s designed to honor moments and milestones and can be a lighthearted reminder to your loved one that you’re thinking about them.
The bracelet features a gold-dipped brass chain with a charm made of magenta colored enamel. And it can be even more thoughtful if she’s a book lover.
For ideas on what to write inside, try…
- “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” —Maya Angelou
- “We loved with a love that was more than love.” —Edgar Allan Poe
- “I saw that you were perfect, so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and loved you even more.” —Angelita Lim
- “If you find someone you love in your life, then hang on to that love.” —Princess Diana
- “Love is like nothing else on this earth, but only when it is shared with someone wonderful like you.” —Mandy Moore
- “Everything in life is art. How you dress. The way you love someone. And the way you feel. Life is art.” —Helena Bonham Carter
- “When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew.” —Arrigo Boito
Gifts for Wife, Just Because…
When you’re married, you’ve probably grown so comfortable with your S.O. that it can be easy to get caught up in the same routine.
One way to revive that spark is doing unexpected nice things for one another. If you’ve read The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman, you know that receiving gifts is one of the five love languages. No matter what love language your wife may be, giving a token of appreciation can show her you took the time to choose just because gifts for her.
For a fresh take on the classic bouquet of flowers, our Flowered Vines Fortune Locket lasts much longer and also opens up to reveal a fortune. Add one of her favorite quotes, song lyrics, or write something unique for her inside.
Need ideas on what to add inside? How about…
- “You have my whole heart for my whole life.”
- “I am fortunate to have found you.”
- “To the world, you're one person. But to one person, you're the world.” —Dr. Seuss
- “With you, I am home.”
- “Real love stories never have endings.” —Richard Bach
- “You are the light that lets me see forward.”
- “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” —Audrey Hepburn
Gifts Just Because… for Friends
Friends are the family we choose. Sending your bestie a surprising gift can strengthen your bond and remind them why you became close.
Oftentimes, I’ll be at a store or shopping online and would come across something that’s totally a friend’s style. These are the just because gifts I tend to give but you can also intentionally find a present for a friend.
One option that fits pretty much everyone is a mug. This one from Etsy can be personalized to include your words of choice. No matter the type of drink your friend loves, a mug is something they’ll likely use on a daily basis.
As for custom sayings, go for something like...
- “Love is flower-like. Friendship is like a sheltering tree.” —Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- “Two things you will never have to chase: True friends and true love.” —Mandy Hale
- “True friends are always together in spirit.” —L.M. Montgomery
- “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” —Walter Winchill
- “Good friends are like stars. You don’t always see them but you know they’re always there.”
- “In the cookie of life, friends are the chocolate chips.”
- “It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.” —Marlene Dietrich
Unique Just Because Gifts
To make a gift even more special, go for something you don’t find everyday. This Fontém clutch from Anthropologie includes a custom note inside and are thoughtful just because gifts for mom. It almost looks like an envelope with a love letter but even better since it can be used as an accessory.
Another unique find is our Fortune Frame, which just might be the smallest frame in the world. Instead of storing a photo inside, add your favorite short inspiring quote. It’s made with 14K gold-plated brass and has a three-use easel so your loved one can display it on their desk, wall, or fridge.
A few of our favorite short sayings...
- Manifest good.
- Embrace the future.
- Trust yourself.
- Tap into your magic.
- I determine my story.
[PHOTO 6: Lyrics Frame]
If your recipient is a music lover, this personalized record print makes for another unique just because gifts for friends and loved ones. You can add not only a photo but also song lyrics in the frame. Add words from their favorite song for a fun spin on traditional wall art.
Just Because Ideas to Surprise a Loved One
P.S. Since gifts aren’t limited to material goods. Check out these experience ideas to enjoy together:
- Travel to a bucket list destination
- Visit a museum or planetarium together
- Have a picnic
- Take a helicopter tour
- Venture on a hike
- Go for a sunset cruise
For more gift ideas, read…