Mom. Mother. Mommy.
There are many different names to call the person who gave us life.
Each year, there’s one day dedicated to celebrate the incredibly strong women in our lives who shaped us to be the people we are today. Oftentimes, our mothers are the true heroes of our stories, and no matter if you are near or far, it’s important to show her love and appreciation.
Although we cherish moms all year round, we never will pass up an opportunity to give them a little extra attention on this holiday.
To help fully express how much our mothers mean to us, we put together our favorite Happy Mother’s Day quotes.
Whether you write these in a card, or gift it in one of our personalized lockets, we hope these quotes bring a little extra joy.
Mother’s Day Quotes From Daughters
As a little girl, I used to imagine myself growing up to be just like my mother.
For many of us, our moms are our first friends, our first image of what we may one day be. As we grow older, we begin to appreciate more and more just how much determination and wisdom they have passed on to us.
If you’ve got a bond like this, let her know how much you value your relationship with a few thoughtful words.
Need some inspiration on what to say? Try…
- “Mother and daughter never truly part, maybe in distance but never in heart.”
- “Life doesn’t come with a manual. It comes with a mother.”
- “To the world you’re one person. But to me you’re the world.”
- “I am a strong woman because a strong woman raised me.”
- “A mother is a daughter’s best friend.”
- “First my mother, forever my friend.”
- “When life gets hard and you feel all alone, remember you mean the world to somebody, and that somebody calls you mom.”
- “Like mother, like daughter. I wouldn’t want to be like anyone else.”
- “No matter how old she may be, sometimes a girl just needs her mom.”
- “Mother and daughter from the start. Best friends forever from the heart.”
Mother’s Day Quotes From Sons
What would men be without a strong woman to guide them in the right direction? A mother is an incredibly important figure in every boy’s life, molding him into the man he will one day become.
These quotes are for all the mama’s boys out there.
- “A mother’s joy is a son's greatest treasure.”
- “The bond between mother and son lasts a lifetime.”
- “A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.”
- “A man can love different women during his life. But the love for his mother is timeless.”
- “There has never been, nor will there ever be, anything quite so special as the love between a mother and her son.”
- “Men are what their mothers made them.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
Funny Mother’s Day Quotes
We could all use a little more laughter in life. After a complicated year for many of us, our mothers deserve something to smile about. Whether it's a joke at our expense, or a funny truth about the trials of motherhood, sharing a laugh with loved ones is a beautiful gift.
Read on for Mother’s Day quotes that will put a smile on her face…
“It’s not easy being a mother. If it was easy, father’s would do it.” —Dorothy, The Golden Girls
- “Thank you for not telling my sisters that I’m your favorite.”
- “My mom is a genius, and not just because she thinks I’m one.”
- “A mother is the person you can always call to see how long chicken lasts in the fridge.”
- “A mother’s love is unconditional, her temper is another story.”
- “The most expensive part of having kids is all the wine you have to drink.”
- “I smile because you’re my mother. I laugh because there’s nothing you can do about it.”
- “Nothing is lost until your mother can’t find it.”
- “Dear Mom, thank you for keeping all the bad stuff I did from Dad.”
- “Raising a kid is part joy and part guerilla warfare.”
Thank You Mom Quotes
Our mothers do so much for us, and often ask for nothing in return. Whether it’s a “get home safe” text or a self-care package full of vitamins in the winter, moms have a way of thinking about our comfort and safety.
Not only that, but we owe who we become to her lessons and example. It may seem sometimes that this hard work goes unnoticed, and it’s important to show her how grateful we are for everything she does.
Thank her with quotes like…
- “Mom is just a title above queen.”
- “You make it look easy. The fact is it’s really hard and you do it anyway.”
“I look back on my childhood and thank the stars above. For everything you gave me, but mostly for your love.”—Wayne F. Winters
- “To the world, you are a mother. To our family, you are the world.”
- “She taught me that fear is not an option.” —Diane Von Furstenberg
- “All that I am, or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” —Abraham Lincoln
I Love You Mom Quotes
The best gift to give your mom is love. Tell her “I love you” every day, shout it to the rooftops, make SURE she knows. They deserve to know how much we admire, appreciate, and love them back.
(Mom if you’re reading this, that first quote’s for you.)
Show your mom how much you love her with quotes like…
- “I’ll love you forever, I’ll like you for always, as long as I’m living my mommy you’ll be.”
“A mother is she who can take the place of all others but of whose place no one else can take” —Cardinal Mermillod
- “If I made a list of the people I admire, Mom would probably fill up half of it, she could do anything and everything.” —Patsy Cline
- “No matter your age, you will always need your mom.”
- “If love is as sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love” —Stevie Wonder
- “I believe in love at first sight because I’ve been loving my mother since I first opened my eyes.”
- “I love you, mom.”
Looking for more Mother’s Day reads? Check out…
- 5 Types of Moms and the Messages That Will Melt Their Heart on Mother’s Day
- 15 Ways to Express Love on Mother’s Day
- Mother's Day Quotes
- Personalized Mother's Day Gifts