A 70th wedding anniversary, or “Platinum Anniversary,” calls for the celebration of a lifetime. This is a milestone that few couples are lucky enough to spend together and is the epitome of growing old with your true love.
It's only fitting to toast your 70th anniversary celebration the traditional way: by giving your wife a gift made of platinum.
Much like your 70th wedding anniversary, platinum is rare. The precious metal sparkles when the light hits it and has a white-toned luster that will never fade. Platinum is also immensely strong, symbolizing the unbreakable bond couples inevitably forge after seven decades together. Through years of wear, tear and everything in between, platinum will shine just as much as the day you first bought it.
But what do you get the woman who seemingly—or even actually—has it all? Perhaps you’ve gifted her countless presents for holidays, birthdays and anniversaries over the years and now you’re looking for a fresh idea. Jewelry usually makes for a fitting 70th wedding anniversary gift, but besides what the piece is made of, consider this question for every potential gift: Is this something that would make sense only for you to give her? In other words, look for something she wouldn’t necessarily buy for herself or receive from anyone else. The ideal gift would incorporate a personal element of your relationship.
Read on to find some of our favorite platinum-dipped pieces to toast this celebration…
A Gift that is Sweeter than Honey…
Through all of life’s ups and downs, you have faced the world together for seven decades. Now that you’re celebrating your 70th wedding anniversary, there’s no better time to show your wife how much she means to you.
One way to do so is by giving her a gift such as our platinum-dipped Honeycomb Locket. The front features a tiled hexagon pattern, just like the honeycombs created collaboratively by honey bees, who spend countless hours gathering nectar from flowers.
These geometric shapes are not only aesthetically-pleasing, but also double as a metaphor for strength and devotion. Specifically, hexagons are structurally strong, which is why honeycombs can hold a considerable amount of weight in honey.
Looking for a few ideas on a note to go inside? How about...
- “You complete my life. Without your presence, I am missing half of me.”
- “Sometimes the only part of my life I’m sure about is the part I share with you.”
- “Oh how sweet it is to be loved by you.” —Marvin Gaye
The Gift of Infinite Love…
A 70th wedding anniversary is an opportunity to not only celebrate each other, but your bond that has evolved within the past seventy years of being together. Like a circle, infinite love has no beginning or end. There are no sides, no starting point, and no finish point—it is one piece that truly goes on forever. Made in platinum-dipped brass, our Cascading Circles Locket features an intricate design of interlocking circles, twisting and turning.
Consider sharing one of these quotes with your partner to signify how your bond can never be broken…
- “I feel like a part of my soul has loved you since the beginning of everything. Maybe we are from the same star.” —Emery Allen
- “You are my soul’s eternal mate.”
- “I love you forever and always.”
- “To spend eternity with you still would not be long enough.”
70th Anniversary Gifts to Celebrate Your Next Chapter Together…
You have been through a large part of this thing called life together, through good times and hard times. Now, you’re entering your eighth decade—and chapter—as a couple.
Our platinum-dipped Turning Corners Locket represents embracing new beginnings and good decisions unfolding. Open it up to store a message that conveys something special, like a personal note or quote that you know will resonate with her as you enter the next chapter.
You can always change the note inside this locket as your story together continues to unfold. Here are a few quotes if you need inspiration:
- “Intense love does not measure, it just gives.” —Mother Teresa
- “I love you in good times and in bad, for better or for worse.”
- “A love like ours is better than any fairy tale ever told.”
- “Unconditional love is love without ties or limits. It is pure and eternal.”
Platinum may be the traditional gift for your 70th wedding anniversary, but no matter what you choose, the best gifts come from the heart, which is more valuable than its monetary worth. Have fun and let your gift planning adventure begin!
For more anniversary guides:
- Personalized Anniversary Gifts for Her
- What is a Paper Anniversary?
- Romantic Messages for Anniversary Cards
- Thoughtful 1-Year Anniversary Gifts
- 25th Wedding Anniversary Gifts
- 50th Wedding Anniversary Gifts
- Short Love Quotes for Your Anniversary
- Traditional Wedding Anniversary Gifts
Check out the links below for more meaningful gifts and guides to inspire your gift-giving this year: