Half a century of marriage. 50 years of laughter, tears, growth, and most importantly, love. A milestone like this is not called the “golden anniversary” for nothing. As you look through the archive of photos you have taken and the keepsakes you have held onto, there’s no time better than now to reflect on why you fell in love way back when.
To commemorate this moment, you might be wondering how to pick a meaningful gift to give her—something that you haven’t already in the past. Read on for a few ideas on how to find the right gift to celebrate your golden anniversary.
We've got ideas on necklaces, rings, bracelets galore.
What Do You Give Her For The 50th Wedding Anniversary?
There’s an unofficial tradition to gift-giving during marriage. Throughout history, husbands have given their wives anniversary gifts made of paper for the first year, followed by crystal for the 15th, silver for the 25th wedding anniversary, and, yes, gold for the 50th. To play off the name “golden anniversary”, many gift-givers opt for a gold ring or necklace with an engraved message, while others spend money on trips or a bottle of Chardonnay. Others have no clue where to start…that’s where we step in. But before we dive into 50th wedding anniversary gift ideas, let's explore why this milestone is called the “golden anniversary”.
If you’ve made it to 50 years of marriage, there’s likely a spark that’s still shining bright Half a century of commitment can likely compare to the strength that gold possesses. The ancient tradition of giving gold as a gift for 50th wedding anniversaries began when the husbands of Northern Europe would present their wives with a golden wreath, garland, or necklace.
Of course, 50th anniversary gold jewelry pieces have evolved since ancient times, but the sentiment still remains: a classic piece of gold jewelry is truly timeless. You have probably given her many pieces of jewelry over the years, but this time, give her something truly meaningful that she can keep forever.
Here, we’ve curated a selection of our favorite gold pieces to inspire your 50th Wedding Anniversary Gift.
A 50th Wedding Anniversary Gift That Says “I Do” All Over Again
All those years ago, you exchanged your vows. Though some memories may have faded, show her how much you still value those words. Renew the promises you made to her all those years ago. With our Capsule + Wand Bracelet, you can share the gift of your own vows for your 50th wedding anniversary, and she can keep them close to her forever.
If you’re stuck on finding the right words, you can’t go wrong with...
- “You make me laugh, you make me think, and above all, you make me happy.”
- “I choose you, today, tomorrow, forever and always.”
- “From this day forward, I stand by you.”
- “I will hold your hand, in the brightest days and darkest nights.”
- “For richer or for poorer, for better or for worse, as long as we both shall live.”
A Gift That’s Forever Classic
Sometimes the best words to share with your love don't have to be your own. Find inspiration in your favorite classic love songs.
As you reach your golden wedding anniversary, it’s clear that you have stayed true to standing by each other. Gifting her our Classic Fortune Locket is away to show her that the bond you two share is beautiful all on its own.
What’s more classic than a love song? Add these lyrics to the locket for a thoughtful surprise:
- “I’ve got sunshine on a cloudy day. When it’s cold outside, I’ve got the month of May.” —The Temptations, My Girl
- “Take my hand, take my whole life too. For I can't help falling in love with you.”.—Elvis Presley, Can’t Help Falling In Love With You
- “Only my love holds the other key to me.” —Paul McCartney, My Love
- “I took the good times; I’ll take the bad times. I’ll take you just the way you are.” —Billy Joel, Just The Way You Are
- “At long last love has arrived, and I thank God I’m alive. You’re just too good to be true, can’t take my eyes off of you.” —Frank Sinatra, Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You
A 50th Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas to Reminisce in Old Times
Remember when you saw her for the first time? Maybe it was in the hallways of your high school, your college library, or at your favorite restaurant when you were out with your buddies. No matter how you met or how many years have passed, you're never too old to share a giddy, little love letter with her. Our Envelope Fortune Locket is the perfect piece to hold these special words.
5 meaningful quotes to get that love letter started…
- “The me that’s me right now is yours. Always.” —Rainbow Rowell
- “In a sea of people, my eyes will always search for you.”
- “You put the spring in my step.”
- “Can I borrow a kiss? I promise I’ll give it back.”
- “Now I remember what it feels like to fly, you give me butterflies.” —Kacey Musgraves
A Gift to Celebrate Your Next Chapter Together
On your 50th wedding anniversary, speak from the heart and gift your love a beautiful gift she can keep close to her heart.
These past 50 years of marriage have been filled with exciting adventures, uncertain times, and beautiful, little moments everywhere in between. You may have children, grandchildren or even a few fur babies. Take a moment to reflect on all the memories you have made together. As you ‘turn a new corner’ together and watch your future unfold, give her our Turning Corners Fortune Locket to express your excitement for the next chapter.
Here are a few of our favorite quotes to help you tell her that even as time passes you’ll never love her less…
- “I will never stop trying. Because when you find the one, you never give up.” —Crazy, Stupid, Love
- “I fell for you and even after all this time, I’m still falling.”
- “Life with you has been nothing short of ‘Happily Ever After’.”
- “I love you more and more as each day passes.”
- “You are my sun, my moon, and all of my stars.” —E. E. Cummings
A Gift to Celebrate Spending Forever Together
Some objects, such as circles, have no definitive sides. You can never truly pinpoint where it stops. Like a sphere, true love has no end. In fact, it has no beginning either. These two hearts were always meant to become one and nothing can ever separate that. With our Sphere Secret Ring, you can share what this eternal love means to you.
Looking for the right words to express to your forever love? Try...
- “At the end as at the start, and through all the in-betweens, I love you.” —Amal El-Mohtar
- “I never want to stop making memories with you.” —Pierre Jeanty
- “I could never be poor, for I am rich with your eternal love.”
- “Our love has no end.”
- “Forever will never be long enough.”
A Gift to Honor Love
Give her your heart all over again.
The strength of love can defeat any hardship, challenge, trial and tribulation. To celebrate your 50th wedding anniversary, let her know that the love you share is everything you’ll ever need and more with our Heart + Arrow Bracelet.
Of course, we could not share our advice without including some of our favorite love quotes that incorporate the idea of gold...
- “Cause you’re my golden hour. The color of my sky.” —Kacey Musgraves
- “You’re worth more than diamonds, more than gold.”
- “It’s that heart of gold and stardust soul, that makes you beautiful.” —R.M. Broderick
- “Your eyes sparkle when the sun hits them, like golden jewels.”
- “Like gold, our love will stay precious through time. Our luster will not fade.”
If you are looking for more 50th wedding anniversary gift ideas…
Check out these stories:
- Fortune Cookie Sayings All About Love: our full guide to finding the perfect fortune for her.
- Short Love Quotes to Share with Her for Your Next Anniversary: Express your love to her with these thoughtful messages.
- Personalized Anniversary Gifts for Her: Check out this post for personalized gift inspiration.
And for more on anniversary years:
- What is a Paper Anniversary?
- Thoughtful 1-Year Anniversary Gifts
- Romantic Messages for Anniversary Cards
- 25th Wedding Anniversary Gifts
- 50th Wedding Anniversary Gifts
- 70th Year Anniversary Ideas
- Traditional Wedding Anniversary Gift
Ready to find the perfect gift? Shop anniversary jewelry gifts for her.