There’s something about the show Friends that never gets old. I can watch the reruns over and over and still find each episode to be the most entertaining thing ever. Maybe it’s the casualty and relatability of it—with the characters living in New York City navigating the ups and downs of life, one thing that gets them through are...yep, their friends.
In specific, I love the bond between Rachel, Monica, and Phoebe. All three characters have such different personalities, and yet they form such a strong female friendship. Who can forget the pilot episode? Rachel runs into Central Perk in her wedding dress after leaving her groom at the altar. It was then that her friend Monica gave her a place to stay and introduced her to the crew (Joey, Chandler, and Ross), which marked the beginning of a bond like no other.
There are countless reasons why friends make life so much better. Even everyday things like going out for coffee or staying in your apartment and catching up feels like an adventure when it’s with someone you click with.
Here, we talk about the importance of female friendships, a few uplifting quotes to share, and thoughtful gifts for a girl best friend.
THEY MAKE HARD TIMES BETTER
Having a bestie who you can be completely yourself with can be hard to find. As human beings, we all experience some not-so-great days, and friends are the ones who you can confide in. Even just having someone to talk to, be vulnerable with, and let out your emotions to—be it sadness, joy, or frustration—can be a huge mood lifter.
Maybe she’ll encourage you to go out for dinner to get your mind off something you’re upset about or surprise you with a visit armed with your favorite snacks for a movie night. There’s no friendship like a women friendship because she likely understands you in some ways guys can’t because maybe she’s going through the same thing or just gets it from a female’s perspective.
If you’ve got a friend like this, read on for a few quotes that relate. Share them with her in a text, card, or a piece of meaningful jewelry, like our Heart + Arrow Locket.
- “Because of you, I laugh a little harder, cry a little less, and smile a lot more.”
- “There are friends, there is family, and then there are friends that become family.”
- “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.” —Woodrow Wilson
- “Sometimes just spending some quality time with good friends is the only therapy you need.”
- “Anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you.” —Misty Copeland
THEY’RE ALWAYS HONEST
When it comes to honesty between women best friends, it goes beyond outfit opinions—a true friend will always tell you like it is, even when it’s not something you want to hear. They’ll give you a dose of tough love if they think you’re making a wrong decision, similar to how moms caution their kids, which is really because they care about you.
Female friendships are usually strong because of honesty, which in turn, can lead to trust and a stronger bond. Perhaps your bestie has known you for what feels like forever and feels comfortable enough to say the truth.
If you’re looking for gifts for a girl best friend like this, look to our Capsule + Wand Locket, which can store a message from your heart.
Need a few ideas? Try…
- “Good female friendships are the strongest relationships in the world.” —Jessie Elliot
- “Some souls just understand each other upon meeting.” —N.R. Hart
- “You will always be the sister of my soul, the friend of my heart.”
- “No matter what we go through, you will always be my sister.”
- “Choose people who choose you.”
THEY ENCOURAGE YOU TO GROW
Life is all about changes. As you move from one chapter of your life to the next, a best friend is someone who doesn’t hold you back—she motivates you to keep moving towards your goals. If there was such a thing as a guide to women best friends, the first unofficial rule would be to support one another.
Maybe your best friend is the one who you can call at 3 A.M. with a crisis and she always helps you figure out the situation somehow—or at least, makes things feel better.
- “Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.”
- “Women’s friendships are like a renewable source of power.” —Jane Fonda
- “What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.” —Aristotle
- “Friendship isn’t a big thing—it’s a million little things.”
- “Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend.” —Bill Watterson
THEY LOOK OUT FOR YOU
A real friend wants the best for you. She has your back, whether you’re around to see it or not. Women best friends can be like guardian angels who help guide you, support you, and make your life better—and vice versa. Maybe she’s seen you cry a million times before, knows your biggest insecurities, and still loves you for who you are.
Having that genuine support is priceless. If you’re looking for a small way to express gratitude, share with her any of the below quotes in our Sphere Secret Ring.
- “Good friends are like stars. You don’t always see them, but you know they’re always there.”
- “You don’t even need to ask, I got you.”
- “Thanks for being the shoulder I can always depend on.”
- “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” —Walter Winchell
- “My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” —Henry Ford
THEY STAY LOYAL
Like any other relationship, female friendships aren’t always perfect. Even if you two are so similar it’s scary or if your personalities are worlds apart, it’s possible to disagree and fall into a fight. Strong friendships can overcome hardships because, at the end of the day, the bond you share outweighs the problem. A true friend stays loyal and gives each other a second chance because she sees that it’s worth it.
Or maybe you have a long-distance friendship with your bestie but never let the miles get in the way. No matter the case, these loyalty-themed friendship quotes are for you—pair it with one of our meaningful necklaces, like our Fortune Cookie Locket.
- “True friends are always together in spirit.” —L.M. Montgomery
- “Good friend is like a four-leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have.”
- “Stay close to people who feel like sunlight.” —Xan Oku
- “I am lucky to have a friend like you.”
- “How beautiful it is to find someone who asks for nothing but your company.” —Brigitte Nicole
For more posts on the importance of friendships, check out…