Valentine’s Day, also known as the day of L-O-V-E, is all about expressing appreciation to the ones who matter most in your life.
The holiday of hearts known to be filled with red roses and boxes of chocolate also brings out a lot of opinions—some people can’t wait to celebrate while others stress over the gift-giving part. What do you get someone you just started dating? Or if you’ve been with your partner for quite some time, what can you get her that’s unique?
And, of course, love doesn’t just stop with your significant other. If you’re wondering about what to give your sister, mom, or best friend, read on. We’ve put together a guide on VDay gifts for her, no matter the relationship.
Material gifts are not the only way to show someone your feelings for them, but it’s a sweet gesture that can help. So, here’s to love and let the gift-giving fun begin.
FOR SOMEONE YOU JUST MET
Did you recently just meet someone you’re crazy about? Maybe you had a love at first sight moment and think this may be “the one”. Upon the start of every new relationship is usually the honeymoon stage where you feel like you’re floating on cloud nine—and perhaps it can really bloom into a meaningful relationship.
This is a special time between the both of you as you’re building new memories and learning about each other’s lives. If your new relationship happens around February 14th, you may be wondering what to get her for Valentine’s Day that’s thoughtful and fitting.
Since you’re just starting to get to know each other, keeping things lighthearted may be the best way to relieve any pressure from gift-giving.
One of our custom lockets may do the trick. You can add a fun, silly, sweet, or even handwritten, message inside to let her know you’ve taken the time to customize something just for her.
In need of quote ideas? Try…
- “You are my new favorite feeling.”
- “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” —Charles M. Schulz
- “Thank you for reminding me what butterflies feel like.”
- “You’re kinda, sorta, basically, pretty much always on my mind.” —Rai-Elle
- “This is just the beginning of something beautiful with you.”
- “I think I’d miss you even if we never met.” —The Wedding Date
- “And then, I met you.”
Maybe one day, you two will look back at this note and everything will come "full circle".
FOR SOMEONE YOU’VE KNOWN FOREVER
Have you had the same Valentine for more years than you can count? Maybe you’ve been dating or are married to your significant other and know almost everything about her.
In this case, it may be easier or harder to find her a present.
On one hand, you likely know her favorite hobbies, taste in music, food preferences, and overall style. On the other hand, you may have already given her a number of gifts through past birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays, and are now wondering how you can mix it up with something different.
If you can relate to any of these scenarios, perhaps one of our meaningful necklaces like our Cascading Circles Fortune Locket could be right for her.
Looking for inspiration when it comes to a message to store inside? These are forever classics…
- “After all, soulmates always end up together.”
- “Love is never wrong.” —Melissa Etheridge
- “The good things in life are better with you.”
- “Real love is able to awaken your soul.”
- “Together is my favorite place to be.”
- “Where there is love, there is life.” —Mahatma Gandhi
- “Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning.” —Paulo Coelho
FOR YOUR MOM
Valentine’s Day is about celebrating love, and who better to toast to than the one who gave you life? Of course, there are many types of personalities out there, so depending on that and the relationship you have with your mom, your gift may vary.
Overall, it’s hard to go wrong with our Heart + Arrow Locket since a heart is the ultimate symbol of love. This one opens up to reveal a message inside that you can personalize. Maybe add an inside joke from your childhood days or include a piece of advice that has resonated with you.
Need more ideas? Go for…
- “We are born of love; love is our mother.” —Rumi
- “Happiness is seeing your mother smile.”
- “You’re the mom everyone wishes they had.”
- “Everything that I am, you helped me to be.”
- “Life doesn’t come with a manual, it comes with a mother’s love for her child.” —Celine Dion
- “There is no other love like a mother’s love.”
- “I love you, mom. Now and always.”
The key to make any gift special: add a personal note, whether it be in a form of a card or a piece of fortune-holding jewelry.
FOR YOUR SISTER
Having a sister can be a real blessing, like having a built-in best friend. Maybe you’ve fought all the time as kids and now that you’re grown up, you appreciate your phone call catch-ups in between family get-togethers.
If your sister is the one who is your shoulder to cry on, lets you borrow her clothes, gives you relationship advice, and vice versa, you two seem to just get each other. After all, there’s no one who knows you like your sister, right?
What message would you choose to go inside? A few ideas…
- “Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.”
- “Always my sister, forever my friend.”
- “All you need is love...and a sister.”
- “Happiness is a cup of tea and a chat with your sister.”
- “A sister is a bit of childhood that can never be lost.” —Marion C. Garretty
- “Sisters are angels who lift us up when our wings forget how to fly.”
- “You can kid the world, but not your sister.” —Charlotte Gray
If you’re looking for more tips on how to buy jewelry for a best friend, check out our guide here.
FOR YOUR BEST FRIEND
Having a best friend can carry so many benefits: having someone to talk to can help you relieve stress, make better lifestyle choices, and serve as an opportunity to learn more about yourself. And it goes both ways. Good friends can encourage you to grow and celebrate your successes in life. They are there through life’s ups and downs.
If you’ve got a best friend—or many besties—Valentine’s Day is an ideal time to show her how much you value your friendship. Maybe give her an experience that you two can enjoy together, like a movie night at home watching your favorite comedies.
If you’re contemplating more VDay gifts for her, look to our Sphere Secret Ring. You can even get a matching one (in silver or gold) so you’ll think of each other every time you wear them.
Need a quote for your bestie? Go for one of these…
- “A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.”
- “A friend is one who knows you and loves you all the same.”
- “Friends become our chosen family.”
- “No friendship is an accident.” —O. Henry
- “You too? I thought I was the only one.” —C.S. Lewis
- “A friend is what the heart needs all the time.” —Henry van Dyke
- “And I’m so lucky to have a friend like you.”