The Best Jewelry Gifts for ChristmasTips & Guides
Christmas is synonymous with festive trees, glistening string lights, gratitude for loved ones, and, yes, the art of gift-giving. Although there doesn’t need to be a specific day to give someone a gift to show your token of appreciation, there’s something about the joyous spirit of the holidays that brings all the more reason to.
While the idea of gift-giving can sound enticing, the process of doing so may not always be so easy. With so many choices, how’s one to choose? Do a quick Google search and you’ll likely find that “jewelry” is a top category of gifts to give according to countless roundups on the world wide web. Why? Well, for one, jewelry can carry sentimental value and the wearer can keep it close to them, whether it be a pair of earrings, a ring, bracelet, or necklace.
Jewelry for Christmas gifts can last a lifetime and become heirlooms for future generations. It’s the gift that keeps on giving. Depending on the design, jewelry can also show your recipient the thought you put behind selecting a piece just for them. Best of all, many jewelry pieces are customizable, like our fortune-holding lockets and more.
Read on for more reasons on why jewelry for Christmas gifts may be fitting for a loved one and suggestions on pieces for every person on your list.
Jewelry Suits All Ages
These earrings are gift-ready and come packaged in a custom-designed story booklet.No matter if the loved one you’re gifting to is your little niece who just got her ears pierced or your best friend who was born the same year as you, jewelry suits all ages.
Earrings are one of the first things you notice on someone, so having a statement pair can serve as a conversation starter or just make the wearer feel special. Our Fortune Cookie Earrings fall somewhere between bold and minimal and are a fun alternative to a pair of pearl or diamond studs. Look closely and you’ll see the handcrafted detailing mimics the texture of a real fortune cookie.
Although this piece of jewelry doesn’t open up, you can pair it with another one fortune cookie-inspired piece, like our Fortune Cookie Locket, or write a thoughtful card with a fortune inside, such as:
- “You are loved.”
- “Love is flower-like. Friendship is like a sheltering tree.” —Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- “Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other.”
- —Carol Saline
- “‘Pooh, how do you spell love?’ ‘You don’t spell love, Piglet… You feel it.’” —A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh
- “Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.”
Jewelry Holds Memories
Add your anniversary date in a message inside this Heart + Arrow Bracelet for your love.Every relationship is different, and depending on your bond, a piece of jewelry can bring back fond memories you experienced together. Choosing a piece in which you can personalize—such as our Heart + Arrow Bracelet gives you the freedom to express your feelings since it opens up to reveal a message in which you can personalize.
Maybe you met your girlfriend or wife while traveling—you can include the exact coordinates of the place where you first said, “hello”. Been together for five decades? The gold color of this bracelet itself symbolizes beauty, strength, and resilience—ideal for a 50th anniversary gift.
Inspired by vintage poison jewelry, this bracelet still looks relevant today and can be worn dressed up or down. Write a thoughtful note inside of your own to go inside or go with something like…
- “The true spirit of Christmas is love.”
- “With you, I am home.”
- “We loved with a love that was more than love.” —Edgar Allan Poe
- “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” —Audrey Hepburn
- “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” —Maya Angelou
- “I love you.”
Jewelry Is Timeless
Sure, jewelry for Christmas may be ideal for this time of year, but the piece you choose to gift lasts forever. Our Turning Corners Fortune Locket is always relevant as it opens up to reveal a message in which you can personalize and change to fit the chapter of your life, and the “turning corners” design reminds us of turning a page in a book.
While you’re shopping for everyone on your list, don’t forget to treat yourself, too. Self-care is beneficial not only to you but when you’re feeling your best, you can be your best self for others. Another reason why gifting yourself is a good thing? You’ll gain more practice on how to be a better gift-giver. The process of choosing an item may challenge you to consider how the piece will serve the recipient (in this case, you). Then, you can apply this same thoughtful mentality when it comes to gifting others.
Need a few self care quotes to store in this locket? Try…
- “By happy. Be bright. Be you.”
- “No one is you and that is your superpower.”
- “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” —Coco Chanel
- “The most beautiful thing you can wear is confidence.” —Blake Lively
- “I only know I want to be wonderful.” —Marilyn
- “The only person who has to believe in you is you.”
- “Make self-care a non-negotiable.”
Jewelry Is Functional
Okay, technically, this Fortune Frame isn’t a piece of jewelry, but it looks exactly like our Classic Fortune Locket except that it’s solely a mini frame. One advantage of jewelry—or in this case, jewelry for your home—is that it’s also functional.
Gift this Fortune Frame to a loved one, like your mom or aunt, who appreciates decorating and is a total homebody. It includes a three-use easel and can be displayed on her desk, wall, or fridge.
Instead of holding a photo, it holds words in which you can personalize just for her. Store a positive note inside so whenever she glances at it, she will be uplifted by the reminder. Just like our Turning Corners Fortune Locket, the message can always be changed to reflect her mood and life chapter.
For a few positive messages, try...
- “Believe in the magic of Christmas.”
- “Christmas is the day that holds all time together.” —Alexander Smith
- “Positive mindset always.” —Danielle Panabaker
- “Happy people are beautiful.” —Drew Barrymore
- “Ask. Trust. Give thanks.” —Dawn Gluskin
- “Don't just count your years. Make your years count.” —Ernest Myers
Jewelry Is Meaningful
Need another reason why jewelry for Christmas gifts may be the way to go if you’re still on the fence? The piece you choose can represent anything you want it to be. There are no rules when it comes to jewelry. Take, for example, this Fortune Cookie Locket. Perhaps you’ll gift it to your friend or cousin to serve as a good luck charm due to its design, or maybe it brings you back to all the times you ordered in Chinese takeout, shared your fortune cookie messages, and stayed up until 2 a.m. watching old movies.
Imagine your recipient’s reaction as they open this gift (that comes in a custom-designed storybook box). Now, add to the surprise factor by including an inside joke between the both of you, or a quote to show how much her companionship means to you. A few ideas…
- “Bravery is to stand up for what you believe in.” —Sophie Turner
- “Free spirits don't ask for permission.”
- “Stay close to people who feel like sunlight.” —Xan Oku
- “There’s not a word yet for old friends who’ve just met.” —Jim Henson
- “Many people walk in and out of your life, but only true friends leave footprints in your heart.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
- “I am fortunate to have you in my life.”
Looking for more holiday gift ideas? Check out:
Wendy is a New York City writer who has contributed to publications including Allure, AVENUE, Beauty and Well-Being, NewBeauty, InStyle, and Billboard. Read more of her stories at Style Meets Story or find her on Instagram at @sy.wendy.
Leave a comment